Dr. Lauren Cooper
Dr. Lauren Cooper received her Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 2012 after leaving a career in medical supply sales. It was her experience in and around the traditional medical field that lead her to pursue a life of natural healing through her chiropractic work.
As a Division I athlete at the University of Central Florida, Dr. Cooper utilized chiropractic care to ensure her body was performing at its best, giving her an edge in competition. She was fascinated with biomechanics and human performance, witnessing first hand the power of adjustments. It was also during her time as a competitive softball player that she began to understand the importance of nutrition and supplementation.
Dr. Cooper continues to pursue her passion through postdoctoral education in Functional Movement and is working towards a Diplomat in Clinical Nutrition. Her philosophy is simple – “Eat better. Sleep better. Move better.”
When she is not at the office, you can find this Florida native enjoying the outdoors golfing, biking, or strolling around town with her partner and 3 chihuahuas.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Port Orange FL October 2009-December 2012
- Areas of study: Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Neurology and Spinal Anatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Cellular Biology, Exercise Physiology, and Kinesiology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Toxicology/Pharmacology, Nutrition, Physics and Biomechanics.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Outreach Clinic, Port Orange FL February 2012-June 2012
- Student Intern. Volunteered 150 hours. Practicing under clinic faculty Dr. Carl Stevens.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Preceptor Program, Port Orange FL October 2012-Dec 2012
- Preceptorship under Dr. Kimberly Besuden Winter Park FL
- University of Central Florida, Orlando FL August 2000-May 2006
- Bachelor of Arts. Health Services Administration
- Member of UCF’s inaugural women’s fast-pitch softball team
Licensures and Certifications
- National Board Certified in Chiropractic and Physiotherapy
- Professional Applied Kinesiology
- 100 Hour Certification
- First Aid for Professional Responders Certified
- American Red Cross
- CPR/AED Certified American Red Cross
- Florida Chiropractic Association